ACTA 337 Financial Statement Analysis Project & Rubric
Financial Statement Analysis Project & Rubric
Purpose: Students will assume the role of senior management or the board in analyzing the current financial performance of the firm using peer and trend ratio analysis and the Statement of Cash Flows.
Deliverable: The final product will be a typed report that includes financial and ratio data and analysis. Ratio calculations should be calculated in Excel using formulas. The analysis portion of the report may be completed in Excel or Word.
|Category||Maximum Points Possible|
· Financial statements provided and analyzed
· Ratio calculations provided and analyzed
· Accurate use of financial statements
· Accurate peer and trend analysis
· Appropriate consideration of the statement of cash flows
· Overall appearance
· Use of appropriate tables, graphs, etc.
· Necessary citations
· Ease of use and reading
· Grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.
|Overall Summary Analysis
· Strong financial support for the summary
· Pertinent peer and trend information included in the final analysis