GED 260 Criminology Unit 3 Examination Answers
1) Which of the following is not one of the ideas contributed to the criminologicalliterature by labeling theory?
2) The dramaturgical perspective was developed by
3) Elder’s principle of __________ refers to the fact that the developmental impact of a succession of life transitions is contingent on when in a person’s life-they occur.
4) According to Moffit, a __________ results when adolescents begin to desireautonomy but are prevented from achieving it because of preexisting social expectations.
5) Lawrence E. Cohen and Richard Machelek pioneered the __________ theory.
6) Terence Thornberry developed __________ theory.
7) Which of the following is not one of the preliminary results of the Causes and Correlates of Delinquency Program?
8) According to the Causes and Correlates of Delinquency Program research, veryyoung subjects (as young as three years of age) are most likely to be found on the __________ pathway to delinquency.
9) PHDCN is using a(n) __________ research design to study the development of criminal behavior.
10) The __________ perspective holds that conflict is a fundamental aspect of social life that can never be fully resolved.
11) In 1905, __________ described the struggle between the haves and the have-nots as a natural consequence of a capitalist society.
12) The 1958 book Theoretical Criminology was written by
13) According to Chambliss and Seidman, the __________ a group’s political oreconomic position, the __________ the probability that it’s views will be reflected in laws.
14) __________ feminism sees men as controlling women through sexuality and sees society as patriarchal.
15) __________ criminology suggests that social control agencies and citizens should work together to alleviate social problems and human suffering and thus reduce crime.
16) According to Fox and Levin, the __________ serial killer commits murder tomask other crimes, such as robbery.
17) Which of the following is not a rape myth?
18) According to Baron and Straus, which of the following is not directly linked toincreased rates of rape?
19) According to Dennis Stevens, __________ rapists select victims based on the most available target.
20) Which of the following is not one of the three strategies drug robbers use to minimize the risk of retaliation inherent in targeting drug dealers?
21) The term “cafeteria-style offending” was first used by
22)__________ is defined as “the unlawful taking, carrying, leading, or riding away of property from the possession of another.”
23) At the time their cars were stolen, what activity are victims most likely to be engaged in?
24) When considering theft from motor vehicles, the most frequently stolen items are
25) The infirm category of McShane and Noonan’s typology of shoplifters was most likely to contain which of the following persons?