GED 260 Criminology Unit 2 Examination Answers
1) The term “positivism” came from the writings of
2) According to Arseneault and Trembley’s recent study of teenage boys in Canada, minor abnormalities in the shape of the __________ were associated with an increased risk of psychiatric and behavioral problems.
3) According to William Sheldon, __________ have the greatest likelihood of becoming criminal offenders.
4) Research suggests that exposure to the color __________ can calm people who are feeling angry or agitated.
5) Which of the following variables may moderate the relationship between temperature and criminal behavior?
6) According to Goddard, a tendency toward __________ was inherited.
7) Which of the following is not a characteristic of an XYY male?
8) The work of __________ contributed to the development of the field of behavioral genetics.
9) According to sociobiologists, the violence and aggressiveness associated withterritoriality is often reserved for
10) Which of the following is not a criticism of sociobiology?
11) James Q. Wilson and Richard J. Herrnstein wrote
12) Which of the following is not one of the early signs or indicators of psychopathy?
13) Which of the following is not one of the characteristics of antisocial personality disorder?
14) A possible psychogenetic cause of antisocial personality disorder is
15) According to Eysenck, a(n) __________ is generally irrational, shy, moody,and emotional.
16) The concept of __________ holds that the human mind may choose to keepcertain aspects of itself out of consciousness.
17) Giving a good child a toy is an example of a
18) Under federal law, a criminal defendant found not guilty by reason of insanitymust have a psychological or psychiatric examination and a hearing heldwithin __________ days after the not guilty verdict.
19) __________ helps police investigators better understand people wanted forserious crimes.
20) The concentric zone model was applied to the study of juvenile delinquencyby
21) Operation Padlock in New York City was based on the concept of
22) Relative deprivation theory was proposed by
23) Neutralization theory is most closely associated with the work of
24) According to James Clark, the black subculture of violence was created bygenerations of __________ violence.
25) According to differential opportunity theory, drug use predominates in the__________ delinquent subculture.