se the following course competencies as a guide to developing your paper.
- Major psychological theories and principles in the field of addictions
- Historical link to modern issues and trends in the field of addictions
- Current and evolving trends in the field of addictions
- Nature of geographic, social, cognitive, and emotional factors in the development, course, and duration of addictions
- Differences in patterns of addiction in the context of gender and developmental issues
- Illegal and legal substance use issues regarding physical, social, and psychological effects
- Impact of treatment and prevention methods on the incidence, course, and duration of addictive behaviors