Care Coordination Strategies
Week 5 Discussion: Interprofessional Collaboration (graded)
This week’s graded topic relates to the following Course Outcome (CO).
CO7: Integrates the professional role of leader, teacher, communicator, and manager of care to plan cost-effective, quality healthcare to consumers in structured and unstructured settings. (PO#7)
- Answer post due by Wednesday 11:59 PM MT in Week 5
- Two replies to classmates and/or instructor due by Sunday 11:59 PM MT at the end of Week 5
- Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Integrate scholarly resources
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
Planning for our patients during times of transitions (for example: hospital to home, home to rehabilitation facility) involves collaboration with a number of healthcare professionals. Please address the following questions:
- How does your facility promote interprofessional collaboration during times of patient transitions?
- What is the role of the nurse in patient transitions?
- What gaps can you identify in this process related to quality of care? (If you are not currently in practice, please use a previous role or clinical experience in your answers.)