1. A class of relatively high-capacity storage devices that use removable cartridges
2. Plan to update the _____ each time that you make a change, such as after adding a new device (and driver), installing new software, or adding many user accounts.
3. If you need to format your hard disk before you start installing an operating system, you should run the _____ command.
4. Created by Tim Patterson and a team, including Bill Gates, at Microsoft is known as MS-DOS
5. The EPIC technology enables a single processor to execute as many as 20 operations at a time.
6. With NTFS 5, files can be encrypted so that their contents are available only to those granted access.
7. You will need to know the type of buses that are in your system if you install new expansion cards.
8. Which of the following ports can be used by a mouse?
9. NAS devices may work with the _____ operating system.
10. A tape drive that uses both magnetic and optical recording
11. the most popular hard drive interface in the Intel PC architecture is the SCSI interface.
12._____ is a technique that allows a computer to run two or more programs at the same time.
13. _____ is part of Windows 95 and can be used to make connections via telephone and modem to remote networks or computers.
14. A _____ is a central computer system, such as a mainframe, that is used by multiple users and applications simultaneously.
15. The AMD _____ processor is comparable to the Intel Itanium processor.
16. BIOS is Low-level program code that conducts basic hardware and software communications inside the computer
17. What feature of Windows 2000 helps to significantly reduce the total cost of ownership over previous operating systems?
18. You need a digital I/O interface and drivers to allow your operating system to recognize and use a digital picture and video I/O card
19. If you have selected the driver signing Warn option, drivers and operating system files cannot be modified or overwritten by files that do not have the appropriate digital
20. The _____ interface is often built into the main board (mother board) of the computer, or it is otherwise present in the form of an interface card.
21. The _____ allows an application to use multiple processors if the need arises for additional processing power
22. When Windows Server 2003 is upgraded from Windows 2000 Server, the system files remain in the Windows folder. If Windows Server 2003 is installed from scratch, then it uses the Winnt folder.
23. _____ would be a general function of an operating system installation.
24. A way to directly attach storage to a network
25. In Windows 2000, XP, and Server 2003, _____ is supported so that these operating systems can read and write files to CD-ROM disk drives
26. A single IDE interface can support _____ devices.
27. The _____ processor was the first Intel chip to include a math coprocessor.
28. Each operation is submitted, acted upon, and the results displayed before the next process is started is called GUI
29. A tape drive that has an erasable memory chip is AIT
30. In UNIX/Linux, _____ handle byte-by-byte streams of data.
31. Active directory is a database that is used to store information about resources such as _____ and it groups resources at different levels (hierarchies) for local and universal
32. Interfaces with the resource managers are Kernel
33. For UNIX and Linux systems, the “etc” directory is used for user files and programs
34. Computer software designed to provide the operating system and application software access to specific computer hardware is Sequential processing
35. Simplifies the hardware required inside the computer
36. After a disk is partitioned, it must be _____so that the partition contains the disk divisions and patterns needed by a particular operating system to store files.
37. Each end of a SCSI cable must _____ to prevent echoes and ghost signals on the cable.
38. The number of platters, heads, tracks, and sectors per track are identical on all hard disks.
39. DOS is a 16-bit, single-tasking, single-user operating system.
40. You can use a written script that documents the upgrade process step by step, including _____.