- Which of the generic business processes did they seem to execute?
- What organizational element was the “lead” for each one?
- Where there any challenges between the staff elements in supporting the lead?
- Who was responsible (i.e., the lead) for the IT systems used in the above processes?
NOTE that some of the URLs change from time to time. If you cannot find the material identified, inform the instructor.
- Generic organizational structures for service or manufacturing firms. We will provide a link to a few. You are encouraged to find others.
- The Finance Process. Go to each of these websites and look at the responsibilities (i.e., the business processes) of a Financial Department.
Roehl-Anderson, J. M. (2010). IT Best Practices for Financial Managers. Hoboken, N.J.: Wiley.
- The Procurement Process. Go to each of these websites and look at the responsibilities (i.e., the business processes) of a Financial Department.
Pinto, J. K., & Morris, P. G. (2007). The Wiley Guide to Project Technology, Supply Chain, and Procurement Management. Hoboken, N.J.: Wiley. Read Chapter 11. You can download only this chapter.
GovWin. (2010). Government procurement process. Retrieved from http://govwin.com/knowledge/procurement-process
Purchasing Insight. (2012, September 23). The procurement process. Retrieved from http://purchasinginsight.com/resources/the-procure…
Microsoft. (2012, September 23). Learn about Microsoft’s procurement. Retrieved from