Health Care Financing and Economic
Note: Use the textbook, course readings, Strayer online library, and other reputable online sources to complete this assignment.
Prepare a 15–20-slide PowerPoint presentation with detailed scholarly speaker notes in which you:
- Compare the three current health care financing and funding models (i.e., employee based, government-based, and individual-based) used with the health care delivery system of the United States.
- Compare and contrast key economic goals of public and private health insurance plans. Evaluate the success potential of key economic goals in terms of populations covered, services included, financing arrangements, reimbursement strategies, and economic competition policies.
- Analyze the key effects of labor market, insurance market, and competitive market factors on health care delivery requirements at your current or previous organization of employment.
- Determine what changes are occurring in the economy or concerning labor and regulatory factors that must be considered in the future.
- Suggest the key national trends that you believe currently affect competition and pricing initiatives. Justify your response.
- Determine the main quality indicators that typically affect health insurance pricing at the local level. Justify your response.
- Use a minimum of six reputable references sources including three sources from peer-reviewed journals.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Assess current U.S. health care financing and funding models, including economic goals, market impacts, economic and regulatory changes, and national trends.