HRM 599 Benefits Complete Course Material
HRM 599 Week 1 Course Project (Part 1)
HRM 599 Week 1 DQ 1 Benefit Plans
HRM 599 Week 1 DQ 2 Benefit Planning Process
HRM 599 Week 2 Assignment; Article Review on Government Mandated Benefits
HRM 599 Week 2 DQ 1 Role of Government
HRM 599 Week 2 DQ 2 Government Mandated Benefits
HRM 599 Week 3 Article Review on Healthcare Programs
HRM 599 Week 3 DQ 1 Healthcare Cost Management
HRM 599 Week 3 DQ 2 Consumer Driven Healthcare
HRM 599 Week 4 Course Project (Part 2, 3, 4, 5)
HRM 599 Week 4 DQ 1 Life Insurance Plans
HRM 599 Week 4 DQ 2 Disability Plans
HRM 599 Week 5 Assignment; Article Review on Pension Programs
HRM 599 Week 5 DQ 1 Rules and Regulations
HRM 599 Week 5 DQ 2 Retirement Plans
HRM 599 Week 6 DQ 1 Paid Time Off
HRM 599 Week 6 DQ 2 Work Life Benefits
HRM 599 Week 7 Course Project (Part 6, 7, 8)
HRM 599 Week 7 DQ 1 Benefits Communication
HRM 599 Week 7 DQ 2 Benefit Administration and Cost Controls
HRM 599 Week 8 Final Exam
- Question (TCO A) What are some of the legal and regulatory influences on discretionary benefits?
- Question (TCO B) Give a brief overview of the main provisions of HIPAA.
- Question (TCO C) Discuss the two forms of employer-sponsored disability coverage. Analyze the potential advantages of each for the employee and for the employer.
- Question (TCO D) Your company’s CEO is interested in implementing a new dental plan for employees and has asked you to do some research. The CEO wants you to report back to him in 3 weeks with the following information: What are the three main types of dental care plans? Discuss each plan and make a recommendation for your company.
- Question (TCO E) Discuss the various FASB rulings associated with retiree health insurance.
- Question (TCO F) You have recently been hired as an employee benefit consultant and have been asked to recommend the establishment of either a defined contribution or a defined benefit plan. Given the following employer objectives, which type of plan would you recommend? Specify the type of retirement plan you would recommend. Explain how your recommendation would handle the employer’s objectives. – Employer objectives include – majority of employees are young – would like to encourage long potential service – concerned about providing retirement income, capital accumulation, and/or estate benefits concerned about limiting their funding costs and administrative expenses
- Question (TCO G) Discuss the concept of “good business sense” of benefits communication and the primary objectives of an organization’s benefits communication program.
- Question (TCO H) Family assistance programs help employees with caring for loved ones, both young and old. Briefly describe the three types of family assistance programs and their benefits.