Impact of Culturally Competent Curriculum on Achievement
Initial Post: Create an initial response that addresses the following:
Part 1: Research
- Locate one scholarly article that assesses the impact of culturally competent curriculum on the achievement gap. Provide the full APA citation.
- Provide a critique of your article. At a minimum include:
- The article’s strengths.
- The article’s weaknesses.
- Any theories or models referenced within the article.
- Any conclusions made in the article.
- How valid and/or reliable the claims, assertions, or conclusions made in the article are.
Part 2: Reflect
Answer the following:
- What is the achievement gap and how does the development of culturally competent curriculum reduce or close the achievement gap?
- How is the need to close this gap a social justice issue?
Guided Response: Post responses to at least two classmates. In your response, reflect on your classmate’s responses. Questions you might consider in your response include:
- How do your classmates define the achievement gap?
- Did your classmates present valid and/or reliable research?
- What’s the relationship between the achievement gap and culturally competent curriculum?