Methods in Business Research SLP
As you address the components of the mini-proposal outlined below, pretend you are writing this document for committee members of your doctoral project. Provide enough detail to indicate that you have given each step of the research process serious consideration. Prepare a PowerPoint presentation of your mini-proposal with the following components:
- Title: Provide a title for your proposal.
- Rationale: Identify the topic and describe why this study is needed for a given organization (include a justification of the importance of your topic either from empirical evidence or literature).
- Research Question(s): Identify one or two research questions based on the rationale.
- Literature Review: What topics would have to be covered in your literature review? (Just list the topics.) List business theories that would be relevant to this study. Explain why they would be relevant.
- Methodology: Discuss the research design (e.g., qualitative case study, quantitative survey, action/evaluation research) that would be appropriate to answer your research question(s). Who would be the participants? What would be the procedures for data collection and analysis?
- Significance: Discuss how your research would help the organization and who would benefit.
- Reference list
Upload your presentation into the SLP4 dropbox.
Please note that for SLP 5 you will be asked to record a 5- to 8-minute (no more than 8 minutes) video presentation using these slides with Blackboard Collaborate. Then you will share the link to your presentation in the Module 5 Discussion.