Policing Awareness & Community Programs
One of the best ways to understand the criminal justice process is to examine the work of the people who are on the frontlines. For this assignment, you will research the role of police in your community.
Research the following items:
- The impact of policing in your community
- Community programs offered by the police
- Theories of criminal behavior that most align with the goals and programs of police in your community
Write a 350- to 700-word paper in which you explain your findings. Respond to the following:
- What is the mission of your local police department?
- What goals does your local police department have? How do they work to accomplish these goals?
- What are the various roles police play in your community? What is their impact?
- How do your local police partner with citizens and other entities?
- What community programs (e. g., D.A.R.E., Police Explorers) are offered by your local police department? Explain the programs, including the benefits they provide to society and the role the police play in these programs.
- Which criminal theories (biological, psychological, sociological) most align with the goals and/or programs you identified?
Please cite any and all references used.