The Masters of Education Program required the completion of three concentration classes. Reflect on the three courses you have taken to complete your concentration degree requirements and explain the value of each course for your career or learning goals.
Next, assess your preparation, experience, and/or professional practice accomplishments related to each of the concentration learning outcomes.
It is recommended that you structure your paper using this outline:
- Introduction (1/2 page)
- Brief summary of your current professional background
- Brief summary of why the selected concentration is appropriate to your work or professional goals
- Career Goals (or Learning Goals if you do not currently work in education) (1/2 page)
- Describe how each concentration course has contributed to your career goal(s)
- Preparation, Experience and Accomplishments (2 – 3 pages)
- Concentration Learning Outcomes will vary by program, refer to the University Catalog to locate outcomes (https://www.trident.edu/catalog/)
- You must address all concentration learning outcomes
- Conclusion (1 page)
- Provide a practical example of how your concentration coursework contributed to your understanding of the role of educator/leader in your profession.
- How does your experience in the program prepare you to effect change in educational settings? Explain.
- Are you better equipped to effect change in your professional practice? Or, effect change in educational policy? Explain.