Description of the Assignment: This continues the development of a MSN EBP scholarly project by identifying and reviewing a minimum of ten scholarly, peer-reviewed research articles in support of the practice change intervention identified in the PICOT question.
Criteria for Content
- Review ten (10) scholarly, peer-reviewed research articles in support of the practice change intervention.
- Complete the Research Summary Table Template (Links to an external site.)
- State the PICOT question
- For each article, complete each section of the table:
- Write the complete reference for the article in APA current edition format
- Write the purpose of the research study
- Identify the Research study method
- Identify the Participants
- Write the data collection methods used
- Write the findings of the study
- Identify the limitations of the study
- Discuss the relevance the study has to your PICOT question
Preparing the Assignment
Criteria for Format and Special Instructions
- Use the designated Research Summary Table Template. The title page, which is APA formatted is part of the template. No reference page is necessary since each article will be identified and placed in APA format within the table.
- Title page and references must follow APA guidelines as found in the current edition of the manual.
- All scholarly, peer-reviewed research articles must be current – within a 5-year time frame unless a valid rationale is provided and the instructor has approved the use of the older reference.