There are 3 goals of the Case Assignments, 1) develop a portfolio of documents relevant to your professional development as an educator or educational leader, 2) provide an opportunity to reflect on the work you have completed within your concentration of study in the Masters in Education program, and 3) provide an opportunity for self-assessment based on the skills necessary to be successful within your field of study.
Cover Letter, Resume, and Reflection
Using the resources provided in the background readings, develop a cover letter and resume for a new job or job promotion in the field of education. Use the bolded text below as headings within your paper.
- Introduction (1 – 2 pages)
- Locate a position description (in the field of education) and summarize the required skills, qualifications, and educational setting of the position.
- Locate a position description (the position should be in the field of education) and summarize the required skills, qualifications, and educational setting.
- Explain why you are interested in this position.
- Describe how you meet the qualifications (refer to your educational background, experience, and skills).
- If you do not meet all the qualifications, discuss how you would respond to the potential employer’s questions about any skills or qualifications you do not currently hold.
- Resume (1 page)
- Using the resources provided in the module readings, develop a resume for the position.
- Resume Reflection (1 page)
- How did the module resources influence the development of your resume?
- What new information did you learn about writing a resume?