In this assignment we will discuss the similarities and differences between Doctor of Philosophy program in Business Administration and the Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.) which is the program you are pursuing.
In order to complete this assignment review this video on comparing and contrasting.
Here you have an example adapted from Saunders, M., Lewis, P. & Thornhill, A. (2012) “Research Methods for Business Students” 6th edition, Pearson Education Limited.
- Expand knowledge of phenomena related to business and management.
- Results in universal principles relating to the process and its relationship to outcomes.
- Findings of significance and value to society in general.
- Improve understanding of particular business or management problem.
- Results in solution to problem.
- New knowledge limited to problem.
- Findings of practical relevance and value to manager(s) in organization(s).
- Undertaken by people based in universities.
- Choice of topic and objectives determined by the researcher.
- Flexible time scales.
- Undertaken by people based in a variety of settings including organizations and universities.
- Objectives negotiated with originator.
- Tight time scales.