PSYC 355 Week 1-8 Complete Homework Solution
PSYC 355 Homework 1
1. Single-Sample t-Test: Based on Green & Salkind – Lesson 22, Exercises 1–4 (Mod1_Lesson 22 Exercise File 1), but follow the instructions below instead.
2. Green & Salkind: Lesson 23, Exercises 6–8: (Lesson 23, Exercise File 1)
PSYC 355 Homework 2
1. Group Statistics
2. a. Mean eating time for overweight individuals
b. Standard deviation for normal weight individuals,
c. Results for the test evaluating homogeneity of
3. The effect size is -1.6590451330094784
4. An independent-samples t-test was conducted to compare eating time in overweight people and normal weight people. There was a not a significant difference in the scores for overweight people (M=589, SD=42.615) and normal weight people (M=698.4, SD=82.949) conditions; t(38)=-3.975, p =0.
PSYC 355 Homework 3
Green & Salkind: Lesson 25, Exercises 1–3
a. F ration for the group effect – 1.
b. Sums of squares for the hair color effect –
c. Mean for redheads
d. p value for the hair color effect
c. An independent-samples t-test was conducted to compare violence against women after men watch nature films or explicit films. There was a significant difference in the scores for men who watch nature films (M=5, SD=2.121) and men that watch explicit films (M=7.71, SD=2.138) conditions; t(14)= -2.530, p = -5.015.
PSYC 355 Homework 4
Green & Salkind: Lesson 26, Exercises 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8
PSYC 355 Homework 5
PSYC 355 Homework 6
PSYC 355 Homework 7
PSYC 355 Homework 8
1. Mann-Whitney U Test
This research scenario will be familiar to you. Do letters a, b, and c, answering the questions beneath your SPSS output. (3 pts for output and 2 pts each for a–c)