Shirley Jackson Thesis Statement
The purpose of this forum is to help you develop a strong working thesis on which to base your Research Paper due in week 7.
- First, base your choice of text(s) on one of the following options:
- A topic focusing on one of the texts from class
- A topic focusing on multiple texts (no more than 3) by the same author
- A topic focusing on multiple texts (but no more than two) by different authors
- In your main post, begin by writing the sentences below and filling in the blanks:
- The text(s) that we have read in this class that I will use for my paper is/are: _ (blank) _ (you can include up to three).
- I will use the _ (blank) _ critical reading strategy to help me analyze the text.
- The claim I want to make about that work(s) is: _ (blank) _.
- THEN, combine all of that information into a single sentence, which will also be included in your main post. THIS sentence will hopefully be the working thesis, the basis for your bibliography research and eventual Research Paper.