Sport Finance Interscholastic
Sports are big business and sports leaders at all levels experience financial challenges. Finances are an essential component of any business, and the sports industry is no exception. Sports finance analyzes where the money comes from, where it goes, and how it can be used to foster growth and success.
Using information from the assigned readings and your own research, write a paper analyzing financial trends and challenges in sports as they pertain to one of the following:
- Interscholastic sports
- Intercollegiate sports
- Professional sports
Address the following questions in your paper:
- What are some of the financial challenges being faced by interscholastic, collegiate, or professional sports programs?
- How are these challenges being addressed?
- What revenue streams are associated with interscholastic, collegiate, or professional sports programs? What expenses?
- Define public and private funding and discuss how these resources being utilized within interscholastic, intercollegiate, or professional sports (2–3 examples will suffice).
- What are some advantages and disadvantages associated with public and private funding sources for interscholastic, collegiate, or professional sports programs?